The Niemenharju Tourist Centre is a new, different kind of comprehensive tourist service in the lovely natural environment of Pihtipudas, along Highway 4.
How are you travelling?
Are you on a journey to the north or south, to your cottage or to visit grandma?
- A pleasant rest stop in a place that does not look like 100 other stations
- Good food selection with five different food concepts
- Fresh local products including mutton and pike-perch
- An economical overnight stay in a room or cottage is a good solution during a long journey
- Good service comes first at a family-owned business
On a coach trip with a group?
- Easy access without long serpentine routes
- Flexible dining or good coffee at a restaurant with lake views, even for short stops
- Good rest areas and a sauna for coach drivers, with a separate shower and WC for men and women.
- Introductory visits for coach companies and travel organisers at your convenience
On a sales trip or project?
- Good contracts for business travellers with a price benefit for accommodation of as much as 40 euros per night compared to hotels in large cities
- Dining available even late in the evening, and a light breakfast very early in the morning
- Pleasant rooms, functional desk chairs and desks with plenty of space for a laptop and paperwork
- Longer contracts at affordable rates for travellers working on projects, with a waterside sauna, boats and fishing to enjoy on summer evenings
On holiday with children?
- Economical accommodation for two adults and two children in our modern cottages. While not spacious, they have a TV, kitchenette, and a bathroom with a WC and shower (cottages available April-October).
- Enjoy an evening on the terrace, play Frisbee golf, go cycling, take a swim or fish for trout for dinner
Caravans are welcome
Very spacious pitches for caravans, cars and tents, primarily drive-through
- A modern lake-side service building and diverse restaurant services in the main building from early in the morning to late in the evening
- Boats are available and you can fish in the lake for salmon, perch and pike, or for all natural fish in the larger Lake Kolima.
- Septic tank, dump station for emptying chemical toilets and repair services if needed
- Dances on the outdoor dance floor next door, weekend packages available
- Some pitches are also open in the winter, the area will be ready for summer use in 2017
Weekend fishing with friends
- Pleasant cottages with a kitchenette and a bathroom with a shower and WC are perfect for friends on a fishing trip from early summer to late autumn. The price includes use of the caravan park's sauna.
- The sure and pleasant fishing spot Lylylampi is 50 metres away and has trout, pike and perch. Lake Kolima, with a large fish population including plentiful pike-perch, is about two-hundred metres away. Two excellent sites for fishing in rapids, Kymönkoski and Kärnänkoski, are about half an hour away by car. We also arrange fishing-guides.
Or do you live nearby?
- Stop by for a convenient light breakfast
- Enjoy a buffet lunch during the workday or visit the salad bar for take-away
- Pizza or burgers with friends in the evenings, or supper or a glass of wine at the á la carte restaurant
- Meeting rooms for 15 people are also available
- Warm baked good from our shop to take with you
- Lylylampi is an easily accessible, year-round fishing spot for bait casting and fly fishing in the summer and ice fishing in the winter. We stock trout, and the lake has a large perch and pike population